The request was registered by Adelle Lotter on 18 August 2020
A project was initiated by Prof Robert Balfour to re-look assessment at the NWU. The project is on the table of CTL (Esmarie Strydom). The project has many legs and consists of Re-looking policies and procedures, possible implementation of badges, portfolios, eAssessment and others.
This RAW is only addressing the eAsessment sub-project. Prof Herman van der Merwe is the project lead for this sub-project and CTL defined this sub-project as one of two critical needs and applied for DHET funds for the initial implementation. These funds were granted.
The business objective is to allow high-stake exams to be done online.
eAssessment will be one of the first ‘external tools’ to plug in as a part of the realisation of the NGDLE strategy.
Jun 01 2020
Dec 31 2020
Overall Project Completion
Gather criteria and identification of possible solutions
The CTL project started in 2019. Prof Herman vd Merwe organised meetings and the following has been done:20%
* Criteria were gathered - IT submitted non-functional criteria
* 3 possible solutions were identified.
* Training was given to test group in all 3 systems
* Integration criteria was explained to Prof Herman and all 3 Vendors
* TCS Ion was eliminated and Question Mark and Cirrus are further investigated
POC with one solution
A POC will be done with one of the solutions60%