Integration between eFundi and VSS (AOS + BSS)

Project Description

Request was initiated by Adelle Lotter

To be scoped during a workshop scheduled in 2016

Documents

No documents at this time.

Project Progress

67%

Project Timing

  • Start
    Jan 20 2016
  • End
    Jul 31 2017

01/20/2016 07/31/2017

100%

Overall Project Completion

  • 20%
  • 60%

67%

  • 40%
  • 80%

1. Kickoff meeting Complete 100% Tasks 2 / 2

100%
Description

2 of 2 completedTasks

  • AOS and BSS
  • Defining required fields from VSS needed

2. Sakai Course Management Integration Complete 27% Tasks 0 / 3

27%
Description

0 of 3 completedTasks

  • Developing Webservice
  • Change courselink to accomodate new web service
  • Change sakai code to accomodate new webservice and phasing out Consolidation

3. Automatic integration of grade book marks with Formal Marking system Complete 45% Tasks 0 / 2

45%
Description

This will be implemented in the sakai 11 upgrade in December 2016

0 of 2 completedTasks

  • Develop new Webservice
  • Integrate with Sakai 11

4. Integration of Deligated Access and other scripts with VSS Complete 60% Tasks 1 / 3

60%
Description

1 of 3 completedTasks

  • Assemble fields needed from VSS
  • Extend iAPI

5. Bug fix for Word export of Sakai lessons Complete 100% Tasks 5 / 5

100%
Description

5 of 5 completedTasks

  • Code fix
  • Implementation on dev box
  • Testing
  • Testing in test environment
  • Implementation in Production

Project Discussion 15 Responses to Integration between eFundi and VSS (AOS + BSS)

  1. Due to the changes, the restructuring caused the Find Search module can’t be used in 2018 for Sakai course management. The necessary changes are being made to accommodate the new course offering and sAPI services This will be implemented in December 2017 Sakai upgrade

    August 29, 2017 at 9:59 pm
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  2. After a meeting with Nina, we expect the web service to be in production by the end of June. The Sakai side will then have to be adjusted to the new service.

    June 5, 2017 at 8:36 pm
    ADELLE LOTTER
  3. This needs to be in production by the end of 2017 The webservices will be used by Tracs aswell This is getting along fine

    March 3, 2017 at 11:06 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  4. From the meeting with BSS some issues with the iAPI was arias. We talk to OpenCollab but Francois was on leave we will follow up this week. Efundis course link integration was possponed till July 2017

    October 3, 2016 at 9:28 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  5. The Courselink integration will be posponed till June 2017 The sakai 11 upgrade is a major change and we decide to keep it wihout to many custom changes for January 2017

    September 20, 2016 at 8:44 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  6. Most of the Webservices were developed Just a few tweaking yet

    August 5, 2016 at 4:05 pm
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  7. Busy testing Webservices
    Student numbers per module,method of delivery and presentation method needs to be completed.

    July 18, 2016 at 3:08 pm
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  8. a Webservice was developed but it has a lot of errors and its back in development

    June 7, 2016 at 5:07 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  9. Held a meeting with Nina, Rayno and Jaco from opencollab. Nina will develop a webservice and Jaco will implement the necessary code

    May 3, 2016 at 12:23 pm
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  10. Rayno and openCollab and me is meeting today to finalize the specifications

    April 12, 2016 at 8:16 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  11. Ryan and Nina will develop a Webservice that we can use for Cousemanagement. The due dat is end May where OpenCollab will do the necessary changes in Sakai for implementation in July 2016

    April 6, 2016 at 10:36 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  12. In regards to the change in course management of Sakai for implimentation in July 2016 : We held a meeting with Open Collab and Dassie. Dassie will send a Jira to Open Collab to make the nessasary changes in the Find Search Module.

    March 14, 2016 at 10:15 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  13. Adele,Gerda and Ciellie will held a meeting on Thursday 11 February to decide on required fields on Monday we will meet with Jaco Phillip to discuss the gradebook integration with the mark system

    February 10, 2016 at 9:53 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN
  14. Campus ADS’s have to be part of the project.

    Gradebook implementation is a phase of this project

    February 10, 2016 at 9:10 am
    YVETTE LABUSCHAGNE
  15. The kickoff meeting is scheduled for 1 Februarie 2016

    January 27, 2016 at 11:45 am
    CIELLIE JANSEN VAN VUUREN

Leave a Reply