The request was initialized by Géna Thompson:
The intranet is being used more and more and a few business units was added in the past month. The intranet is still on the Omega theme (developed by eConsultant) since going live in October 2014 on Drupal 7. At the stage when Human Capital (who hugely contributed content to the intranet at that stage) wanted to redo their intranet (about February 2015) the bootstrap theme was not developed yet. The theme that is developed on Bootstrap is much more versatile, mobile-friendly and it’s easy to do page layouts without using tables.
There has been a definite increase in publishing activity on the intranet in the past few months. This prompted us to consider rather doing the work and then switching to the bootstrap theme before huge amounts of further content is created on the current theme.
No documents at this time.
Jun 15 2016
Apr 28 2017
Overall Project Completion
1. Setup and Config of Bootstrap theme for Super Admin Role Complete 100% Tasks 5 / 5
- Enable Bootstrap theme for the Super Admin Role
- Create new Block (e.g. footers) where necessary
- Check All Block in all Areas and change regions for Bootstrap theme
- Change Menu's to top menus where departments permit it.
- Check custom styling on new theme and correct or enhance where possible
2. Frontpage of new Bootstrap Intranet Theme Complete 100% Tasks 6 / 6
- Stakeholder meeting with @NWU office - suggestion for frontpage
- Create basic test frontpage
- Setup NewsRoom feed for homepage
- Setup Facebook feed for homepage
- Add menu items to main menu
- Do additional styling and configuration for frontpage
3. Enable Bootstrap theme for Intranet Stakeholders for testing Complete 100% Tasks 1 / 1
- Assist with changes where necessary