Big blue button was tested but we cant easily share a screen. I talked to the developer and it seems that it’s going to stay this way for an infinite time.
For broadcasting of lectures we are investigating a Galicaster-Wowza solution and for communication outside the classroom we will use the solution for
We still have a support issue but Danie Stoop is investigating a central help centrum for classroom support.
Support personnel as part of this project is cumbersome
Vaal : IT -> Nico Craucamp. CTL -> Elne van Niekerk
Potch: IT -> No Capacity to date. CTL -> Marius de Beer, Martie Mosterd
Mafikeng: IT -> Eddie Jantjie CTL-> Micheal Toriso
The broadcasting of lectures to and from other campuses is one of IT’s main projects for 2018. This is still a new field for us and
we need to understand the needs and requirements in more detail before we can make informed decisions that need
to stand the test of time and money.
The outcome of this project will be a document stated the following and more:
– The identification of suitable hardware in classrooms to assist broadcasting as well as implementing and testing interim solutions
– The type of human support needed
– Identify the necessary software needed for lecture broadcasting as well as a communication
tool between lecturer and students
– Identify obstacles e.g timetable collisions, security, class attendance, Technical Support
The request was initiated by Adelle Lotter on 01 Aug 2017.
In order to act pro-actively, we need to start the investigation as soon as possible.
The project team should take note of the following:
- Both the support- and operational models will have to be included in the investigation.
- Architecture & EED will have to be included in the investigation
Aug 31 2017
Aug 31 2018
Overall Project Completion
1. Architectural decisions Complete 91% Tasks 4 / 6
- Draft a needs list
- Present list
- Determine project members
- Defining academics who already use broadcasting
- Finalize need list
2. Determine the pilot's risks and procedures Complete 29% Tasks 1 / 4
- Comparative software study from literature
- Define pilot modules via equipped rooms and synced rosters
3. Implement solutions Complete 100% Tasks 2 / 2
- Environment setup
- Software implementation
4. Analyse Pilot results Complete 0% Tasks 0 / 4
- Student attitude study
- Lecturer attitude study
- Stress testing
5. Present Broadcasting solution Complete 0% Tasks 0 / 2