The project was initiated to assist in providing reporting facilities for the OTRS / IT-Help operational system. The reporting functionality that exists in the current NWU implementation is very limited and alternatives needed to be investigated.
The decision was made to align with the institutional reporting strategy which involves the use of Jasper Reporting.
The project is a joint effort between ITC-BSS and ITC-Operations.
Sep 15 2014
Aug 31 2016
Overall Project Completion
1. Groundwork and Determine Business Need Complete 100% Tasks 3 / 3
- Requirements Elicitation
- Analysis of Requirements
- Scope Definition
2. Analysis & Requirements Elicitation Complete 100% Tasks 0 / 0
3. Data Modelling in ODS (Design and Implementation) Complete 20% Tasks 0 / 1
- Data Modelling in ODS (Design and Implementation)
4. ETL Development Complete 25% Tasks 0 / 1
The task involves all the efforts required to get the ETL in place for extracting data from the source systems, processing and transforming that data to fit in the ODS model and then loading it into said model.
NOTE: Ticket#1095805 was created to address the infrastructure requirements for this process. The current ETL process catered for Oracle and now has to be adjusted to also cater for MySQL. Part of this change requires a shared disk space between source system servers and the various ODS service of each environment for Jasper Reporting
- ETL Development
5. Development of Formal Reports Complete 0% Tasks 0 / 1
- Development of Formal Reports