The request was initiated by Jaco-Philip Ellis
Jaco-Philip identified the need for making online payments (and should include a review of the student processes)
Oct 01 2015
Apr 29 2019
Overall Project Completion
1. Identification of needs Complete 100% Tasks 0 / 0
During discussions with Jaco-Philip and his colleagues, the following emerged as starting points:
1. During a web aplication, a student must be able to pay for the application while busy.
2. When booking graduation ceremonies and gowns, the graduate must be able to pay online for this while busy.
3. As a standalone option, students or debtors must eb able to make payments via NWU’s website and online payment facility.
These are only a few places where this can be made part of processes at NWU.
2. Identification and analyasis of different Service Providers Complete 90% Tasks 0 / 0
Several Service Providers were identified and discussions held on the different methods and ways to implement online payments, the pro’s and con’s of each method and the cost and support that goes with this.
3. Discussions with Financial Management Committee etc Complete 75% Tasks 0 / 1
Discussions must be held with the FMC on the funding and business owner for this process. This will only happen in 2016. The documentation is ready to be presented.
Jaco-Philip must take up the matter with Elmarie de Beer. This did not get to the table at FMC meeting. Next meeting only 18 Feb 2016.
- Business case set-up, pro's & cons, etc.
4. Fundraisers vs. Online payments Complete 70% Tasks 0 / 0
As part of Fundraising, the need for a “red button” on the NWU website where a pledge can be made and payment done, must be investigated and put into place.
Hannes will investigate how to fund this as long as it gets done quickly.