The request was initiated by Adelle Lotter on 19 February 2018
There is a new version (3.3) of the integrated library system – Sierra – available which includes bug-fixes and enhancements on the current version we are running (3.1). According to the vendor we need to upgrade the OS of the servers before loading the new version – Cent OS 6/7 or Redhat 6/7 is required. It was recommended in ticket no 10189046 that the Library registers the request as a project for new VMs to be set up as an in-place upgrade may post more challenges (such as dependencies to be sorted out) than just a fresh install.
Overall Project Completion
1. Infrastructure Complete 0% Tasks 1 / 3
Finalizing server requirements, setting up the new environment, establish timelines
- See system architects
- Prepare new servers
- Inform vendor of intention to upgrade/migrate - set date
2. Installation, migration, testing Complete 0% Tasks 0 / 4
Finalizing Sierra user side for the migration, final backups of data for recovery purposes shutting users out of the system for migration.
Quick post-migration testing of administration module.
- Prepare system for migration (Library side)
- Coordinate backups and downtime
- Preliminary testing before switchover
- Switchover to new servers
3. Testing and project closure Complete 0% Tasks 0 / 2
Restoring all user access, fully testing functionality of various modules and closure.
- Thorough system testing (Library modules)
- Feedback to vendor and project closure